Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Practical Home Tip 1 - Cleaning Electric Fans Easily

How many of you have had the same frustrating difficulty and time-consuming experience of cleaning electric fans? Have you also had that same numb feeling or cramps on your fingers just to clean the tight spaces between the grills?

For those of you who have experienced this, here's a simple but effective method that I have found convenient myself - hope it helps you too.

Since I spend most of my time at home recently and currently doing some interior enhancements and repairs, I have discovered the most practical and time-efficient method of cleaning electric fans.

Fan grills (front and back covers) can be very time-consuming when cleaning  -a perfect example:


A grill like this can be quite difficult to clean, because of the small spaces between them. For the longest time, I have always used a brush:



or an old toothbrush:



and it takes eons just to clean one electric fan, not to mention the numbness and cramps that I occasionally feel because the brush usually get stuck in between the spaces of the grill. 

Personally, I don't have any qualms about cleaning - it's the sweating part that is quite irritating, because I sweat like a waterfall...literally :D

Well, luckily my brain cells were well-fed the other day and I thought of using a body scrub glove:


It makes perfect sense. The hands and the fingers can practically adjust and conform to any shape, and reach  those tight spaces as well as save time during the cleaning process.

So, for those of you who have the same dilemma - you can try this out and see how fast it is to clean an electric fan. The brush will just be of help if there are really small spaces that your fingers can't reach. But in general, I think this ordinary cleaning tool can do the trick pretty well.

Definitely not only good for scrubbing arms and legs when having a bath :)

 Once you have used this for fans or even for any kind of appliance and furniture, I hope you don't use them again when you take a bath - unless your skin is comparable to that of an appliance or furniture :D






No comments:

Post a Comment